Details of the various races
The 2014 Races
Apart from the Spud & Spoon races, races will commence from Moat Farm Close, Greenfield and finish at The White Hart, Flitton; the distance is a mile. You can run, walk, or stagger as long as you use your own feet and you can keep the potatoes kindly donated by Isle of Ely Produce.
• 20 kgs for men, £200 first prize, £100 second prize, £50 third prize
• 10 kgs for ladies, £200 first prize, £100 second prize, £50 third prize
Youth Individual Mile for 10-16 year olds @ 12.05
• 2 kgs for 10-13 year olds
• Relay team of 4,each runner carrying 10kg for 0.25 mile
• Open to any organisation, & team can be mixed
Youth Team Relay for 10-16 year olds @12.15 NEW FOR 2014
• 5 kgs for 14-16 year olds
• Teams can be mixed
Adult Team Relay Challenge for over 16's @ 12.25
• Teams can be mixed but only a full ladies team will qualify for the 10kg weight
• Entry fee £40 per team (£60 on the day)
Spud & Spoon Races for children aged 9 & under @ approx 12.30
• Course for under 6's starts at the bottom of Sand Road
• Goodies bag for all who finish
Prizegiving at The White Hart @ 1pm with trophies and prizes, kindly donated by local businesses, where there will be family games and a BBQ.
To guarantee a place, completed forms and payment (cheques payable to "Flitton Potato Race") to be received no later than 8pm Wednesday 18th June by Jeremy Lewis, 24 High Street, Flitton, Beds, MK45 5DU, or Phil Hale at The White Hart, Flitton.
After this deadline, places are subject to availability of sacks, payment of a higher entry fee, and your details will not be printed in the souvenir programme.
All profits to go to local charities and projects, but if you want to run for your own charity, please do so. If you need a form, see the 'Entry Forms' page for a sponsorship form.